Ensemble analysis

 When I Grow Up- Matilda

At the start of term when we first begun practicing this song, I didn't enjoy singing it. I believe this was because I couldn't find the correct pitch or tone within my vocal range to make it sound satisfactory and thought the song was quite high and difficult to sing. However, as we rehearsed it some more and introduced our different harmonies within our groups, I started to enjoy it and found the correct pitch that was best for my singing voice. I also think my group (Molly, Ella, Demi and myself) are fairly confident at singing so having them with me helps and we are able to perform the song strongly now after some practice. I think our class as a whole choir has really improved our performance of When I Grow Up. This is because our singing at the start of term was regualalry discreet and we all used to get confused with our harmonies but I've found that due to our consistent run throughs we've allowed ourselves to become a lot more confident and are able to perform this song and all of the harmonies wholeheartedly.

Comments