Mock Solo
Mock Solo Performance 1 Review and Review of SMART targets so far
Please copy this table into your blog and complete today and finish over half term:
Reflect on your solo performance and how you felt it went today?
My strengths were……
I think my strengths were a strong use of articulation and a controlled use of vibrato throughout the whole song and actually being able to jump from each note.
Areas I still need to work on are……
However, one thing I could improve on is making sure I incorporate a range of performance features during the solo, like stage presence and that my tone quality is accurate. I could also improve my timing with the music and ensuring my emotional engagement with the audience.
After watching your video back what do you see as your strengths and areas for development? Are these the same as before?
I would agree that my strengths are a strong use of diction and articulation and a controlled use of vibrato. However I would consider being able to jump from each note as an area to improve alongside a lack of performance features , my characterisation and making sure my tone quality (timbre) is accurate.
Now go back and review your SMART targets you have set on Teams. How have you progressed with these targets so far?
First target (Intonation of notes)
I think i’ve progressed from this target as to begin with I wasn’t able to find the correct pitch from one note to another especially (at 0:09) as the note is supposed to be higher but I lowered it. However within my mock solo I’m able to complete this better than during my first take , although it could still use some practice as at (0:43) I was struggling to hit the note and sustain it and then bring it back down again towards the end of the song.
Second target (Stage presence and emotional engagement)
I think I have improved on my emotional engagement I just need to make sure that’s fully characterised to really emphasise the determination the character portrays in this scene, however I feel it’s definitely become stronger in my singing (0:33).
Now set yourself three goals/areas for development ready for your Solo 1 Performance on 4th March:
1. Stage presence
2. Tone quality
3. Timing in the music
Comments
Post a Comment