mock solo
10/06
During the morning, we all completed at attempt at our mock solos so it’s note completely new to us when we have to perform them properly next week. Personally I found after my solo that I wasn’t entirely confident on it - i needed to ensure I knew the lyrics and didn’t get confused with the timing in the second verse. Some feedback i revived from my peers was to sing the song with Chloe playing piano in the background to help me with the timing incase we need to change the tempo. However i found that the beginning of the song was successful.
17/06
Within this lesson, the class successfully completed our Unit 26 Solo number 2. My solo didn’t go as well as i’d hoped it would due to how despite being confident on each verse, when it got to the chorus I didn’t reach the high pitch that I needed. Although my timing definitely improved with Chloe playing the piano as my backing track as even if I messed my timing up slightly, Chloe could just fall back on the tempo I was singing at. I also thought the last chorus sounded better than the first due to the previous build up and all of the extra adlibs and how you’re able to change the speed a little bit to hold on to a few of the notes for longer. This meant the higher notes don’t sound as forced.
Comments
Post a Comment